Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 Bronco Eddie, with 5.8L. My question is would AOD/4R70W STREET/STRIP TRANSMISSION work well in my rig?

Here is some more info on the tranny:
Some of the features of this tranny are a TWO INCH WIDE CARBON FIBER OVERDRIVE BAND, MECHANICAL DIODE WITH SPIRAL "PLUS" RING KIT instead of the stock roller clutch that is prevalent to breakage. This tranny has a 4R70W WIDE RATIO GEAR SET, 2.84 RATIO FIRST GEAR(15% lower than the first gear of the AOD), 1.55 RATIO SECOND GEAR (5% lower than the AOD SECOND GEAR). The EXTRA HARD INTERMEDIATE SHAFT. SUPERIOR A+ OVERDRIVE BILLET SERVO. It has 8 RED EAGLE CLUTCHES IN THE DIRECT CLUTCH DRUM, ALSO THE RED EAGLE POWER PACK AND KOLENE STEELS. It also has an ART CARR AFTER MARKET DEEP DISH TRANNY PAN WITH ALL THE PLUMBING ALREADY INSTALLED FOR THE TRANNY GAUGE AND COOLER.

Thanks a lot,
JD

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come to think about it, would any AOD from say a Mustang work, or are the gears way off?

Thanks again,
JD

·
Registered
258 Posts
from what ive been told, mustangs tailshaft, or any 2wd tailshaft, wont match up to a bronco because the bronco is 4wd, the back of the tranny is different so the t-case will bolt up. B&M sells shift kits for the AOD, from what i could tell, theyre easy to install and you get firmer shifts. they sell like 3 different kits for different applications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts