Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experienced a slight rumble when accelerating from a stop? The best way to describe the rumble is that it feels and sounds like driving on unpacked snow. It's an intermittent rumble but surely means that trouble is just around the corner. I believe it's the tranny but am open to ideas. Trans fluid was flushed 10K ago and is still clean.

'95 XLT w/ 5.8 AOD 119K miles.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Check the tranny and motor mounts, also check the condition of the rear driveshaft and u-joints.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Not sure where Goldendale is though! Any Seattle FSBronco owners have a good tranny shop to recommend? I drove home from the boat show tonight with no rumble so now it's really ticking me off!

·
Registered
132 Posts
If the problem occurs only on hard launches from a stop, I would really look into checking out your transmission mount. I have similar problems in my formula all the time, snapping tranny mounts in half. :(

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
The nearest decent tranny shop I can recommend is Trans-Parts in Portland, they do excellent work and stand behind it.

BTW--Goldendale is about 70 miles due south of Yakima, about ten minutes off the Columbia River.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'll check the engine and tranny mounts. I'm not set up for off road but do tow a 2000# boat a lot - could the strain of towing cause the tranny or engine mount to break?

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
It'll put more strain on both, possibly shortening the life of each. The added strain will also make existing potential weak points show up.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
519 Posts
hey man I got a great tranny shop in south seattle if you are interested

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd prefer No. Seattle/Lynnwood from a drop off standpoint but if it's a Bronc friendly shop and they don't tool you with all the bull handed out by some of the big name shops I'll give 'em a ring and check 'em out. Can you PM me with their name?

Is there a heavy duty towing shift kit available? I'm dragging the boat down to San Diego and back in March so need to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
yeah, I dont have the card with me right now but I'll send it downrange tomorrow for you. The shop is owned by good people, small shop, 3 guys I think but they wont jack you around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts