Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my c6 rebuilt to the cost of 1600 bucks. they said it looked all orignal. thats pretty good seeing how it had 200000 miles on it. the guy that did the work i asked were to put the temp gauge and he said there was a port on the side of the tranny. i found this port to be right above the shift linkage. i was wondering if this would be a good spot for the temp sender?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:shocked

1600 bucks for a C6!?! Holy shit.

Search, there's a good discussion on trans temp sender locations here, and the different spots and the pros/cons of each spot.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
man that best be one stout C6 for that kinda money.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no one was a real help when i ask about them so i forked over the 1600. that included a 2 year 24xxx mile warrente, stall converter,shift kit, heavy duty bands and seals, 2 front u joints, reseal transfer case, rear main seal that was blown out, and some other stuff i forget. and its under warrentee

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i searched and come up with nothing for the place i want to put it. id rather not cut up my lines as they dont leak now and rather not have another leak. thats y i asked about this port

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya redwagon. i mite end up going this route as i dont want to waste another tranny. the cleaner the better.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wouldnt it be better to know how hot the tranny is rather than the fluid at the new filter mount. it would have time to cool by the time it got there

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just searched and realy there was nothing on the c6 just the e4od

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
well no one was a real help when i ask about them so i forked over the 1600. that included a 2 year 24xxx mile warrente, stall converter,shift kit, heavy duty bands and seals, 2 front u joints, reseal transfer case, rear main seal that was blown out, and some other stuff i forget. and its under warrentee
Oh... then that's not so bad. The C6 rebuild itself didn't cost you 1600 bucks, a whole lot of other work AND the rebuild cost you 1600 bucks... that's a lot more reasonable.

i searched and come up with nothing for the place i want to put it. id rather not cut up my lines as they dont leak now and rather not have another leak. thats y i asked about this port
If you cut your lines and attach the pieces correctly, they won't leak.. :shrug

wouldnt it be better to know how hot the tranny is rather than the fluid at the new filter mount. it would have time to cool by the time it got there
:doh0715:

Did you read any of the other threads talking about this. The fluid is moving through there fast enough that it's not going to lose any substantial amount of heat.

i just searched and realy there was nothing on the c6 just the e4od
What's the difference? They're both automatics. Think outside the box a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts