Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attempting to unbolt my starter today, I slipped and cracked my trans cooler line. My question is, can I order a new line pre-bent anywhere? Any special precautions I should take when replacing it?

Thanks guys
Jack

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
You cracked it ???? I would just get a tubing cutter and cut out the offending piece, Replace it with 3/8ths aluminum tubing {because it is easy to work with} and use the 9/16ths {i think} to 3/8ths compression fittings that are at the hardware store....done.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
You cracked it ???? I would just get a tubing cutter and cut out the offending piece, Replace it with 3/8ths aluminum tubing {because it is easy to work with} and use the 9/16ths {i think} to 3/8ths compression fittings that are at the hardware store....done.
Ahhh Yes, you read my mind...a perfect fix. Or he can splice in rubber, double clamp it and always be worried it will blow off

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
They make compression to barbed fittings for running rubber line. If you are going to use rubber transmission line make SURE to use hose that is made to be used for transmission fluid, Do NOT use fuel line !

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Use P/S return line. Oh, and don't use vacuum line it sucks....get it... vacuum..sucks...haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow I love FSB, you guys rock. I like the stainless steel tubing, never seen that before. I found out NAPA sells pre-flared line and I think I'm going to go with that... a buddy of mine said he could bend it no problem for me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You could also look for an inline compression coupler and cut out the bad piece, then use the coupler to splice it back together.

Seattle that filter set up looks sweet. I need to do this too. Do you put the filter on before or after the fluid goes to the cooler?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I hate it when that happens. Seems like every other time I go to fix something on my truck I end up tearing something up something completely unrelated to the fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts