Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,599 Posts
Passenger side of the transmission. It's the gold colored thing on the lower left in the photo below:

Here is another shot from under the truck:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnkxs i was looking at the lines hooked up to it there was a lil bit of oil in it but i took the vac line off the modulator and no oil in it, its a freshly rebult c6 with less then 3k on it i wanted to know if i should replace it. ive noticed lately its not shifting as hard as it was but when it got rebuilt. i can still feel it when it shifts.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hay check out the answer Meisk5 gave me. As usual he has all the needed info.

·
Super Moderator
26,966 Posts
yo,
TY SuperMAN!
Here it is;
yo,
Vacuum Modulator, Diagnosis & Replacement in an 89; "...The different color bands indicate the diameter of the rubber diaphragm inside the modulator. The two COMMON colors from auto parts suppliers are PURPLE and GREEN. These are for CARS. TRUCKS like OURS REQUIRE the BLACK banded modulator, likely from a transmission shop or dealer. This is reguarding the mid/late 80's models, maybe more... Id venture to say any C6 with a slip in modulator. Again, PURPLE and GREEN are NOT the correct units to use, BLACK is the intended modulator as was designed for TRUCKS..."
Source: by MyFullSize (Andrew) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17161

Description & Operation, Identification Tag, Parts Break-Out Diagram w/Nomenclature, Troubleshooting, Testing, In-Vehicle Service, R&R, Cleaning & Inspection; "Covers transmission assembly, dis-assembly, diagnosis, and troubleshooting."
Source: by Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) via akpp.in.ua 4.88 MB pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts