Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 XLT 351W E4OD(I believe)/w OD manual locking hubs and electric 4x4 and low.
The 4x4 and low will not engage via the button. Is there a way to test this as far as the electronics/electrical. The drive shaft does lock when I lock the hubs. I put the truck on a dirt hill and throtled up, the rear tires spun but nothing from the front. I just bought the truck and don't know the history but I am guessing it is electrical.

Thanks for the time.
Tom

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are the lights coming on at all? If not, I would say it is probably the switch. If they are trying, it may be the electric motor on the t-case.

mR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights aren't comming on at all (on either button) but everything alse seems to be working in the dash.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Get a Haynes manual and a volt meter is all I can tell ya. The electronic transfer cases are known for their reliability issues, but the system isn't that complex and could be figured out with a little time.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
KF4AMU has posted a TC diagnosis link like 448,427,310 times. Try searching for it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Time for a swap to a manual t case, check to see if the acuator is enguaging from below the Bronco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all I found a diagram in another forum in the site. I will start the fun in the morning..you guys are always helpfull

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Time for a swap to a manual t case,
Wrong, wrong wrong wronggggggg.....wrong wrong wrong wrongggggg

I see plenty of "my t-case lever wont go up into 4low/hi/whatever" threads...or how the linkage fell off/bent at the t-case and wont shift properly.

The electric t-case is extremely reliable, and very easy to diagnose if you simply follow the directions in the link I posted 448,427,310 times.

Not to mention switches and buttons are cooler than levers. :chili:

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Wrong, wrong wrong wronggggggg.....wrong wrong wrong wrongggggg

I see plenty of "my t-case lever wont go up into 4low/hi/whatever" threads...or how the linkage fell off/bent at the t-case and wont shift properly.

The electric t-case is extremely reliable, and very easy to diagnose if you simply follow the directions in the link I posted 448,427,310 times.

Not to mention switches and buttons are cooler than levers. :chili:
So true.

If I could have buttons for a triple stick, I soo would. :toothless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts