Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my hunk of junk 88's transmission finally gave out. What kind of price range am I looking at to have a new or different one put in? Any kind of prices or suggestions would help.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
88 XLT & 95 EB said:
Well, my hunk of junk 88's transmission finally gave out. What kind of price range am I looking at to have a new or different one put in? Any kind of prices or suggestions would help.
It's usually your first born or $2000

on average. Do you have an external cooler and remote filter ? If not, budget $30 and $60 now, so the next trans lives twice to thrice as long next time.

Sixlitre

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,875 Posts
An 88 would have an AOD not e40d. having an AOD rebuilt should run about $1000 if done right. you can go aftermarket and pay up to $1500 but would handle anything you could ever throw at it. call around to some local tranny shops and get some prices. if you can remove the tranny and deliver it that to will help cost wise

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Yep... the 88 should have an AOD.

I put a Jasper rebuilt in mine a while back for about $1100. Bought it from a local Jasper dealer and put it in myself. 3 year or 75k warranty.:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Thanks guys

I assumed he had one of one of those uber-expensive electronic trans. In that case I suggest he checks out;

Lentechautomatics.com

They've built AODs that last behind 1100 hp race cars and they do a mean off-road trans that converts from a 1-D-O to a 1-2-D-O pattern. They actually re-engineer the trans doing it.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, and your right, I listed the wrong trans (like I said, I don't know a thing about them). It's lookin like I should be able to get one cheap enough for it to maybe be worth it, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts