Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for the answer and cant seem to find what I,m wanting to know.Yesterday I bought a 90 fsb 351,and e40d.It has trans issues one time you get in and drive and you have no problem.The next time it starts to slip when it goes into third gear it doesnot slip on takeoff at all.I'm going to try and pull codes this evening and see what it says.If the trans is bad i was wondering if i could take this extra aod i have from a 89 fsb and swap it in without any problems.I apperciate any advice and i'll try and get pics up as soon as possible

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
check the fluid level on it. and do a search on here for remote transmission filter, and cooler. try putting about 100 bucks into it first before you go for an all out rebuild. also like you said you are going to do check the codes. good be the solenoid packs in it are going bad. there has been a few people who have fixed there issues with a new pack in the transmission. let us know what the codes are and any other questions holler at us here

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oj appreciate the reply i helped the p/o change the fluid and filter about a month ago.It didnt help.I hope it is the solenoid if not will my aod work?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
rusty89 said:
oj appreciate the reply i helped the p/o change the fluid and filter about a month ago.It didnt help.I hope it is the solenoid if not will my aod work?
No the e4od has an electronic overdrive and the aod has mechanical. The
detents on the shifter will be different among other things. I recently used
parts out of an e4od to upgrade and rebuild my AOD. Not sure if it works the
other way.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i'm wondering is can take out my e40d and put my aod in its place.I'm not sure but all you have to change is the computer ,and put all the cables on it(detent,shifter) because i have all of that stull also. I even have the steering colum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts