Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all,
I have a question about a trans problem I have so here we go.
I have a 1990 351 powered Bronc with an auto with OD. The fella I bought it from said the OD worked fine untill a few days ago, but well, it no works. Fluid levels are fine, been flushed and refilled. The thing is that when the key is on , I get a bleed back in the OD switch light when the OD is in the on posittion. I have all 3 gears if I shift manualy but not if let to shift in auto. What do y'all think?:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
The thing is that when the key is on , I get a bleed back in the OD switch light when the OD is in the on posittion.
Huh?

Have you pulled codes yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stopped yesterday and they couldnt pull any, going to another shop in the morning. The thing I was saying about the bleed in the OD light is that as soon as you turn on the key, the OD light has a very faint lighting of the light.I figure some sort of short in the switch( I hope) and maybe the reason I have no OD.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Pull codes yourself. There is absolutely no reason to take it to a shop. Yet.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Stopped yesterday and they couldnt pull any, going to another shop in the morning. The thing I was saying about the bleed in the OD light is that as soon as you turn on the key, the OD light has a very faint lighting of the light.I figure some sort of short in the switch( I hope) and maybe the reason I have no OD.
Ahh, okay, I gotcha now... Sounds like a bad ground somewhere, and you're getting backfeed through that circuit.

Pull codes yourself. There is absolutely no reason to take it to a shop. Yet.
:stupid

Codes can be pulled with a paperclip, it's cake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, now I tried to pull my codes and well to put it nice, I couldnt get $%^t. So my next set of questions are as follows.
A. Could I have a bad trans pack, thus no OD or passing gear?
B. I have found that my NSS is not working correct, could this be it?
C.I have been told that a bad TPS could cause this kinda stuff, what do y'all think.
Sorry for the dumb questions, but I am an old school builder and this computer stuff is all latin to this old rebel.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Well, you need to first figure out why you're not getting codes. How are you running the test?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried the jumper method as y'all explained and waited for the old check engine light to morse code my troubles away, well nothing. So now what do I try?

Oh hell, now I see why , maybe. Warm up the bronco Micheal, good god, read man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts