Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 6” lift on 41’s and my driveshaft angle is absolutely fucked. U joints just keep gettin eatin up. Can’t find a drop kit for the t case. But if y’all also think there’s a better option tell me

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,488 Posts
You might have to look at a 1350 CV as the bigger cv's take more angle... or stretch it.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
Hows your pinion angle out back? do you have any sort of Torque tamer or ladder bar to help reduce your axle wrap?
post up some pictures if you could please

Reactions: Rspasoje

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hows your pinion angle out back? do you have any sort of Torque tamer or ladder bar to help reduce your axle wrap?
post up some pictures if you could please
Yeah, 6" is not a huge amount of lift, even with the stubby-ass rear driveshaft any Bronco with an E4OD ends up with. I'm going to bet you have a pinion angle problem. Is your lift springs? Blocks?

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,377 Posts
My 94 with 6" lift had zero issues with the drive shaft. The joints were in fact not the weak point. A neutral drop on asphalt twisted the drive shaft tube 360° before it sheared off. U-joints were all still usable. Tire size plays no part in DS angle. I also used to get airborne in that bronco at speeds of 55mph up to about 75mph. Never ever had an issue with the DS joints.

You've got something else wrong...

Either a trans mount thats too tall or a low pinion angle.

Reactions: Rspasoje

·
Man of endless projects
9,336 Posts
im assuming 6" suspension, 3" body and im trimmed fenders?

regardless if its only 6" suspension you should be able to make it work. what axles and gear ratio do you have? what trans do you have? if you dont have enough gear ratio in the axle for 41" tires, it will put a ton of load on everything forward and it will eat joints. i would also only use Spicer non-greaseable joints. upgrading to a 1350 series driveshaft might help alot. definitly need correct pinion angles.

axle wrap can also be a big factor in wearing u-joints. with bigger tires like that its defiantly a possibility

1 - 7 of 7 Posts