Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to repo my truck from my buddy i was selling it to but he never paid me and he has the keys and the truck is in park. i can get in and hot wiring is out the spark plugs and belts have been taken off . if i put the transfer case in nuetral will all the wheels move freely even tho the trans is in park?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If they dont.....just take along a 12mm 12 point socket and drop the rear shaft....hook the front.....drive away. You could also just disconnect the trans linkage and shift the tranny by hand into N.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
xfer case in neutral will allow the truck to move..

Some buddy you have..

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
And when you repo it ring the door bell and leave a flaming bag of poop with an explosive device inside this bag for rapid and even distribution of the poop. Here is youre fine parting gift asshole!!!

Carry on.

Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was just gonna have AAA tow it away for me so i only need it to go in a straight line. and this is the only time i like the law since 9/10ths of the law is possesion so if he doesn't give me the keys after that all i need to do is call the cops

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
fathertime said:
well i was just gonna have AAA tow it away for me so i only need it to go in a straight line. and this is the only time i like the law since 9/10ths of the law is possesion so if he doesn't give me the keys after that all i need to do is call the cops
And you didn't keep an extra set of keys ?

You trusting devil you !

Seriously though, just raise the rear wheels with the towtruck cradle, unlock the front hubs so they're free and leave the steering column locked to keep her straight going down the road. You're good to go !

It sounds like you ain't towing far, so there shouldn't be any problems IMO

Sixlitre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts