Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anbody here ever done a rebuild on a Bw 1345 ?

I am getting some clunckin from what seems to be the transfer case by process of elimination . sounds like a U joint niose but is coming from the T case .

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
probably slop in the chain.
they are not that hard to pull apart. nothing reallys falls out thats hard to put back toghther when you crack one in two.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
If this is on your '94 you have a 1356. I can't imagine the 1345 is all that much different tho, pics here:

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=139&s=13379#content

If this is happening in 2wd it's not the chain. The chain doesn't move in 2wd. Could be the oil pump locator arm slapping around..... or just a trashed bearing.... or nothing to worry about.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant 1356 , It is happening in 2wd . I called a few gear places today and the average price for a soup to nuts rebuild kit is around $130 , Thats with a new chain and all bearings and bushings . It is definatly getting worse so I am tearing it down tomarrow night to see what I find .

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
BigBad94Bronco said:
and the average price for a soup to nuts rebuild kit is around $130 , Thats with a new chain and all bearings and bushings
That sounds a little low, I paid about $250 for all that. Be sure you get a Morse chain and not a "Made in China" special

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
havack said:
What does move when in 2wd? I am feeling a bit of slop like I have a bad ujoint but I know those are good and new.
Well, basically everything on the right hand side of this pic, with the exception of the chain and gear on which it rides:

Here's the rear ouput shaft removed and the planetary exposed:

So basically, the shaft itself and the planetary spins, along with all the bearings involved. Really hard to say what your slop could be, sorry not more help.

When you pull the lever for 4wd it just moves that shift fork to engage the gear which makes the chain spin, which makes the front output spin, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts