Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is terrence and i am new to the this forum but i have 1989 bronco eddie bauer edition with a 5.0 in it but i am having an issue where the bolts are snaping off in the transfer case can anyone explain to me what might be causing this issue

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,491 Posts
Could you take a picture of the area or better describe the issue? The only bolts holding up the BW1356 (you model of transfercase) are the bolts that go into the transmission extension housing. There are about 8 of them that connect the 1356 to the transmission. Either they are loose or you have a much bigger problem. If the exstention housing gets damaged it is easy to replace - just more bolts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
We need pic's or better description on this was, you mentioned trans fliud poors right to the ground now. Cracked housing? could be any # of things, but without pic's or technical description of what's actually happening? we can't help much. sorry.

Where are you located? someone may help take a look at it if we knew?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Terrence,
This would help the members of the forum help you. Go to the top of the page and click on User CP. Click on edit profile. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it asks for additional information. Put in all the particulars of your Bronco. If you do that you will not need to put it in the body of a post. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts