Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this time hooked up with the right transfer case hopefully!
However the linkage is different. :rofl:

My original linkage have a set of forks with a plastic clip fitting into the groove of the forks. then was bolted onto a lever coming out of the transfer case.

The new tcase has a lever but it connects to another longer lever using plastic pins. the two dont match up:banghead

Please any help or ideas

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
cjansen37 said:
Ok this time hooked up with the right transfer case hopefully!
However the linkage is different. :rofl:

My original linkage have a set of forks with a plastic clip fitting into the groove of the forks. then was bolted onto a lever coming out of the transfer case.

The new tcase has a lever but it connects to another longer lever using plastic pins. the two dont match up:banghead

Please any help or ideas
So is this from a prior thread? I remember you asking questions about the tailshaft of the 1356?

now, not knowing what year this was again...but my guess is you got a bronco flange style rear, but not for your model year.....the difference is in the auto tranny...an E4OD vs. an AOD for instance will have a slightly different shifter mechanism.

·
Banned
20,166 Posts
ADD YOUR TRUCK'S SPECS to your profile so it shows under your username. Then, FULLY describe what parts you're swapping in, where they came from, year, model, etc.

GIGO

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i have an 87 fsb 351w, c6, bw1356 tc. I posted yesterday about the 95 tc so today i purchased one told was matched up to my yr etc. but linkage is different. found another post where you helped somneone with same problem my linkage comes from the top and has the forked linkage. So i need the different shifter set up that mounts on the side of the housingfrom trans. Is this correct or can i modify existing set up.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
cjansen37 said:
sorry i have an 87 fsb 351w, c6, bw1356 tc. I posted yesterday about the 95 tc so today i purchased one told was matched up to my yr etc. but linkage is different. found another post where you helped somneone with same problem my linkage comes from the top and has the forked linkage. So i need the different shifter set up that mounts on the side of the housingfrom trans. Is this correct or can i modify existing set up.
Well, you were "told was matched up to your year", so if you bought the total package from this person, that would mean the 1356 case would have the flange rear (for bronco), and would have the proper shift linkage for the C6 NOT the E4OD (1995 auto tranny) that this likely came out of. However, POST A PIC PLEASE since if this person that sold you the stuff won't make good, if it is indeed wrong, and you do have a complete linkage for the E4OD, I WANT IT, and will work a deal with you, though that still leaves you wanting for the proper shifter.

matter of fact, even if the guy makes good for you, please let me know, don't swap the shifter assembly....I will work a deal with you on the E4OD shifter assembly...again pics would really help for me to confirm what you have.

Here, this may help, a guy posted a couple months baack on his "new" '96 bronco with 2200 miles and I had him snap a few pics of the manual tcase linkage underneath (for an E4OD), so does your look like these 2 pics, go here, go to post #51:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53491&page=3&highlight=1996+bronco

·
Banned
20,166 Posts
The forked t-case linkage is only for the SROD, AFAIK.

You need the later style, but I don't know if it'll fit your transmission extension. There has to be one, though, because Ford used a cast-iron extension in '87-96 trucks.

. .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what srod or afaik are, however I will try to get a pic or two on here to show what i have. Im going to have to look to see if i can mount the other shifter on my housing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone with the place i got this new tcase. They have one with the correct linkage set up so im going to swap it out. So hopefully can get it out of the garage and get all fourtires on the ground.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,072 Posts
Hmm, I did not realize there were different linkages for the t-case. The one I have came out of an '87 F150, so I'm thinking the detent plate is probably for the AOD, guess I'll need to see how it matches up with my E40D tranny.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Yes, the B-W 13-56 t-case linkage is different for each model of tranny. If you have a C-6, you need the linkage from a C-6 or ZF, that will be stamped into the shifter rod bewteen the tranny and t-case. Different lengths and mounting points, since each tranny is a different length. There are some previous posts with pics on this, since finding one for an AOD is very hard. There were also two styles, one with a bolt-on linkage and the other welded on to the shift selector. Any pics of what you have would surely help, I also have a spare set-up from a C-6 and B-W 13-56. JSM84

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,072 Posts
I'll get pics of the linkage tonight.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Put all 4 tires on the ground last night, got the driveline hooked up put
in the key and with a quick jump it fired right up. Test drove it for a bit
last night. Then this morning went to fire it up and it started right up. I
have a lot of small projects to get it totally roadworthy.
>
> Just wanted to thank you for all the information and help, you have saved
me from a lot of headaches, and busted knuckles.
>
> If you have any diagrams for wiring for under the dash would appreciate if
you could pass me a link. I also dont have the shift knob and dont know the
shift pattern for 4 hi/lo etc.
>
> Once again thank you
> C J
> 87 FSB 351w, c6, bw1356

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,072 Posts
Steve, do you have another link to that page, it doesn't seem to be working.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got off the phone with the place i got this new tcase. They have one with the correct linkage set up so im going to swap it out. So hopefully can get it out of the garage and get all fourtires on the ground.
what is the name of the place you got your Tcase from... I am getting ready to go through the same thing.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
what is the name of the place you got your Tcase from... I am getting ready to go through the same thing.
Dead thread, dude. Most likely the poster has not had the vehicle since 10/06 as that was his last post and he was trying to sell it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts