Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished swapping the torque converter on a 94 bronco 4wd. I had to cut one of the linkage grommets off of the linkage in order to pull the transfer case. I can't seem to find one anywhere.:shocked I went to ford and the bafoon at the parts counter told me all his computer shows is a bushing for $45. I'm an industrial mechanic and I know overpriced parts, but come on. I asked for a picture or a parts diagram, but he told me $45 and there is nowhere else to look. I don't think he's looking at the right part.:banghead

Does anyone know a part number or where I can get one of these? 50 cent parts. I'm almost ready to make one on the lathe, or put a bronze bushing and a split collar on it.

It's for someone else's bronco and they are real particular about what goes on, so I would like to replace it with the proper part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been looking all over the web, been to napa, autozone, and still can't find one of these grommets anywhere. I'm going to check a tranny shop tommorow, they have to have buckets of these things laying around. I'm very disappointed with the service I got at Ford.

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
Just finished swapping the torque converter on a 94 bronco 4wd. I had to cut one of the linkage grommets off of the linkage in order to pull the transfer case. I can't seem to find one anywhere.:shocked I went to ford and the bafoon at the parts counter told me all his computer shows is a bushing for $45. I'm an industrial mechanic and I know overpriced parts, but come on. I asked for a picture or a parts diagram, but he told me $45 and there is nowhere else to look. I don't think he's looking at the right part.:banghead

Does anyone know a part number or where I can get one of these? 50 cent parts. I'm almost ready to make one on the lathe, or put a bronze bushing and a split collar on it.

It's for someone else's bronco and they are real particular about what goes on, so I would like to replace it with the proper part.

do you know what color it is?

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
Heres a couple numbers.....

Black = E1FZ-7F330-A (not sure if the used them on the transfer case - look pretty small)

Brown = E4ZZ-7341-A about 5/8" tall, 1/4 bracket thickness 1/4" rod

Blue = E0SZ-7341-B about 1/2" tall, 5/32 bracket.........1/4 rod

·
Registered
915 Posts
Black = E1FZ-7F330-A (not sure if the used them on the transfer case - look pretty small)
Black one looks close to what I had on mine, so if you're gonna hit the dealer again try

part #E1FZ-7F330-A

or if you're sick of dealing with it, Shadofax said for about 10 bucks you can get the linkage rod, with both grommets:

part #F2TZ-7B051-E

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
It's likely that black grommet. And nice search there amtarsha!!!!

But, I personally would not bother figuring out which one. Those grommets are very tough poly. You likely will not be able to press one in with the linkage installed. So why not buy a new linkage and just put a whole new linkage with 2 grommets in for around $10?? The grommet itself will likely be $5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much, this was my first post to this forum and I am impressed. I searched high and low for this part and could not find it. It is the black and it was extremely tough to even get off. I'm sure I'll find a way to get it back in there but it probably won't be easy. Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got it off the same way and that stuff wasn't easy to cut. I'll probably buy the assembly depending on what the have in stock. If not then I'll use my baby channel locks to force the grommet into the linkage then try to get it onto the rod. Did you use the black grommet listed above?

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
If you have any problem finding them - let em know. We can work out something. I ended up with a few "spares"

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
One thing that I've noticed about those damn things is that it's much easier to slip them on and off if you spray them down with a little WD40 first.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
One thing that I've noticed about those damn things is that it's much easier to slip them on and off if you spray them down with a little WD40 first.
Oh yea, you have to, except I used white lithium grease since I wanted that to stay on there. But as was mentioned, if possible it's still WAY easier to just get the hole rod assembly off and put a new one on that already has the grommets squeezed onto it. then it's easier to just take some small needle nose pliers or something to squeeze the rod/grommet assmebly onto the linkage nipples.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts