Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok bought a t-case to replace the one that took a crap on me and got it in finally and has a diffrent tail shaft on it. Mine is a fixed Yoke I think.. Does anyone know if this can be change out somehow? If not can I just take the gears out of the good one and put them in the old one for a rebuild? Please help need to get this thing fixed and sold. Thanks CHAD

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i do believe you can swap them out- but i think most people get a new end on their driveshaft...
ace

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that would be fine with me but what year should I look for when looking for a driveshaft end that will fit on a spline shaft t-case? If someone could please help soon.. Need to get this fixed and sold.. Need money.. Guy I bought if from on here is not being any help at all now.. Won't even return my calls on trying to figure out what year the t-case is.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,478 Posts
Sounds like you got a t-case from a pickup truck. The tail shaft on a Bronco is much shorter. You can see the difference in this pic. You'll also need the tailshaft housing from the Bronco. Or you could just swap them of the one that is already in your rig.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that is what I think too.. I am just going to try to find a slip yoke end and put it on my driveshaft and just use the trasfer case that I got from him.. That will work won't it?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,478 Posts
You're going to want to do a rebuild on that case before installing it, so why not tear it down and use the tailshaft from your Bronco so you don't have to screw around with a slip yoke.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,033 Posts
roadchopper said:
Surely someone knows weather this will work or not.. At least maybe what year of truck I need to look for to get this slip yoke for my drive shaft?
What do you plan to do with the slip yoke you now have down at your diff end? Sounds to me like you'd need a whole truck driveshaft with slip yoke up top, but then it won't be the right length, so now you have to spend money shortening it. I'd swap the stuff from your old case (depending on what's wrong) into this case. you need the bronco shaft as shown, plus the tailshaft you have now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.