Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I have a '90 Bronco, and just picked up the complete running gear out of a '90 F350(351, ZF5spd, dana 60, sterling, and manual shift 1356). For free :chili:
My prob is, the F350 transfer case has a slip yoke on the rear output, the Bronco's doesn't. Can I buy a slip yoke eliminator to fix this? or better yet, would I have to split the cases to swap the outputs? Any help would be appreciated alot. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, guess I wasn't very clear, I want to swap out my push button transfer case in the bronco for the manual one out of the f350

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Unfortunately you're going to have to split the case, swap out the whole output shaft (there is a length difference between slip and fixed yoke output), and also the rear tailshaft housing. While in there you should buy the wear items to refresh the case.....how many miles on the vehicle this Tcase came from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too sure on miles, prob over 200k. Is splitting the case doable with basic hand tools? And is it a fairly quick job? Thanks alot for the help

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
I'm not too sure on miles, prob over 200k. Is splitting the case doable with basic hand tools? And is it a fairly quick job? Thanks alot for the help
If it has about 200k from the vehicle, I would definitely take the time and go buy:

bearing kit
new fork pads
new oil pump kit
seal kit
and possibly new chain.

the internals are very simple, search and you will find my writeup as well as Jermil's most likely. basic hand tools is about all you need, except there are some snap rings, so a snap ring tool is very helpful, as is a seal puller.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If it has about 200k from the vehicle, I would definitely take the time and go buy:

bearing kit
new fork pads
new oil pump kit
seal kit
and possibly new chain.

the internals are very simple, search and you will find my writeup as well as Jermil's most likely. basic hand tools is about all you need, except there are some snap rings, so a snap ring tool is very helpful, as is a seal puller.
X100
Very simple, it was my first bit mechanical work on my truck. Just make sure to change both seals out. (output) Just lay it out on a table in the order it comes apart.:beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts