Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1987 bronco is it possible to take the yoke off the back of the xfer case and put it on the front?

I'm asking because my front driveshaft is actually from the rear of a bronco. I got the yoke out of an old F250 that had a Dana 60 in it because I was told those came with CV style front driveshafts.. My neighbor is looking to run the same style driveshaft and he's wondering what he can get the yoke from.. (dana 60 trucks here are rare)

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So besides a truck with a Dana 60, what other fords came with a front CV style driveshaft?

·
Registered
554 Posts
If its a 1356 I REALY doubt it.

When I swapped to a np208 from the elec. shift 1356 the rear output shaft has a diff. spline count, the front was like the np208 front and rear, but the rear of the 1356 would not fit either the front or rear of the np208. I had to get my double cardian joint redone to match the np208 rear yoke.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm back to square one.. Try and located a front yoke from a F350 that had a Dana 60 in it..

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know the # for the yoke on the front of the T-case on a F350 with a CV style front drivesahft?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump.

Come on you smart guys.. If I go to JBG what #'s do I give them? I was told it is a 1330, but isn't there more then 1 "1330" style yoke? I've called JBG and they don't know, and neither does ford..

I need the yoke from the front of the xfer case that came from an F350 with a CV style front driveshaft.. (I know they exist cause I pulled one off of a truck in a junkyard months ago, but now I need another one)

I have no knowledge of yokes so if someone could tell me exactly what I need to order I'd appreciate it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts