Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went offroading the other day and i needed to put it in 4-lo... but on the way down the shifter it grinded out of HI and didn't want to go into LO without grinding. i finally got it back into high and it sounded like fluid was rushing through the case and metal or something was in it. it only does this occasionally, any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i went offroading the other day and i needed to put it in 4-lo... but on the way down the shifter it grinded out of HI and didn't want to go into LO without grinding. i finally got it back into high and it sounded like fluid was rushing through the case and metal or something was in it. it only does this occasionally, any ideas what it could be?
Your case may still be good. Try to flush it and fill it with some gear oil and see if it may have been low also observe the fluid coming out for metal. Also when your under there draining put it in netrual turn your front drive shaft and see if it sounds okay or if your hearing some grind, then let us know :drinkbud

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your case may still be good. Try to flush it and fill it with some gear oil and see if it may have been low also observe the fluid coming out for metal. Also when your under there draining put it in netrual turn your front drive shaft and see if it sounds okay or if your hearing some grind, then let us know :drinkbud
alright, i'll probably try it after work tomorrow.

·
Try it now!!
9,124 Posts
i like the manual shifter haha. but i hate when idiots think my truck is a manual.
I just started saying that everytime someone reports a problem with their manual shift t-case. Everytime someone has a problem with the electric t-case some yokol says something about how they should swap to manual because it never fails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.