Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2wd 88 shortbed, i am makin it 4wd, what all do i need to get from the donor vehicle, i want an push button so i dont have to cut the floor and extend the handle if i do decide on a 2 inch body lift.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
You wound't have to cut the floor. There are two versions of the center section of the floor that bolt into place. If you pull the carpet back near the trans tunnel you will see the pan I am talking about. Other than that It depends on TTB or SAS.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well since i am gonna make it 4wd it just makes sense to go ahead and do a sas. i get my 1000 dollar check on monday from my accident a few mths ago so i can put that to good use!!!

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
What year truck is the transfer case comming from?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
dirtybronco287 said:
You wound't have to cut the floor. There are two versions of the center section of the floor that bolt into place. If you pull the carpet back near the trans tunnel you will see the pan I am talking about.

Not true. Some have it, some don't.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am lookin at a 89 or 90 t case

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey lazarus, i see u are the one that i was lookin at before that did the 2wd to 4wd like i am about to do. any tips??

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
All 4WD trucks (including Broncos) have the tunnel cover glued & screwed down. The others have the cut line & screw holes marked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
wiring

on order to make the push button work you will need alot of the wiring from the donor. there is a shift control that is need along with other things. I just tore this out of my 89 alot of wiring in there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts