Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has an electric bw1356 in his f150 and he is interested in swapping in a manual, like mine. what all would he have to do? is it a difficult swap. my truck has the manual, but its still hard to tell how difficult the swap would be.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
xfer swap

i am in the midst of the swap at the moment dude.

got the case, waiting for the linkage and shifter to arrive.
so far it is fairly straight forward, in solong as you have all the parts you need. duh.

but seriously. its a straight bolt on swap. 1356 for 1356. if you do another xfercase, you may have some driveshaft issues, maybe longer, maybe shorter.

i dont know about the f150, but the bronco is basically already prepped for the mod, ie, access hole in transmission tunnel, bolt bungs in e4od, and no electronics to hook up other thann the abs sensor (maybe) or the 4x4 light indicator in the dash (dont care).
other than that, its seems pretty tit.
but i might be wrong and murphy may be hiding out for some excitement.

still have those fans?
later bro,
jason

·
Registered
319 Posts
im pretty sure theres quite of bit of info on this, did u do a search?? im thinking about the same thing when i do my c6 swap

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I swap in a manual shift when I did th ZF swap., The hardest part was removing the hole cover on the side of the tunnel. If you look on the wiring harness by the tranny you will find the plug for the indicator lights.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Hey all the internal parts from the elec. and manual are the same. Except the shaft that engages the shift forks. Electric has a corkscrew shaft the moves the shift forks and the manual doesn't. I swapped all the internals out of my electric and put them in the manual case.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,207 Posts
The tail shaft housing on the F150 is completely different from the Bronco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts