Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it appears as though I trashed my T-case. Since I bought the truck I had been meaning to go over everything, I hadnt and it cost me. Turns out my transfer case was bone dry and it got chewed up last week. Whats done is done...the question is what is the best course of action from here? My mechanic found a used one for $560...but is there a better way? Help me!

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Plan on $250 in parts to rebuild it yourself excluding the planetary assy. If you need that, it's another $200 or $250.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am seriously lacking in mechanical skills here Keith. How hard is it to remove and rebuild?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wont be back on Colorado til early next year. I guess I wont know until I pull it out and go over it if the case is still in decent shape?

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I have a manual t-case from a 91. I'll part with it cheap. Send me a pm if you're interested.

K

·
0 Posts
sorry to jump in yer thread jaxboro, but can someone tell me where the transfer case fluid goes? (where to put it?) thanks :thumbup

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
When you look at the back of the t-case, you'll see two plugs. One is for 'drain' and one is for 'fill' and it says it right next to them. Just grab a flashlight, and go get dirty.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
KENNY said:
sorry to jump in yer thread jaxboro, but can someone tell me where the transfer case fluid goes? (where to put it?) thanks :thumbup
Drain is in the lower left of the case, about 9 o'clock, fill is just a bit higher to the right at about 2:30

Your plugs will look different than mine, they'll be female and take a 3/8" drive (technically 10mm). Replace with pipe plugs like mine ASAP

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keith can you explain why the plugs should be replaced with pipe plugs?

Kenny, no problem. If it helps someone else avoid thrashing their case then I'm all for it.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Hey Jax! You got a pm!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Keith_L said:
Drain is in the lower left of the case, about 9 o'clock, fill is just a bit higher to the right at about 2:30

Your plugs will look different than mine, they'll be female and take a 3/8" drive (technically 10mm). Replace with pipe plugs like mine ASAP
What application is that output flange for? Looks like F-350? I'm looking for a flange rear 'yoke' for my Bronco.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts