Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On the last two pics--How in the hell do I get all the mud, rust, grease and grime out of the axle tube? Any suggestions and/or opinions?

Thanks as always,
Brian

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the previous owner parked it in a mudhole over the axles for 6-8 months. I think a frog jumped out when I took the axle shafts out.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
i made my self a "half moon" tool on the end of a long rod so i can pull all the gunk out of the tubes when i remove a axle shaft.

thats normal buildup for an axle.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Looks like a worthwhile buildup.

Keep us updated as you work on it. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2" body lift, some kind of lift just not sure yet, front disk swap, 4.88 gears, f/r arb's, new front axles, new rear axles, ctms, por 15 and probably some other stuff I can't remember----Oh yeah, more than likely a divorce before I get through---:boxing

·
Retired
16,007 Posts
Blaze said:
Been there...done that...got the t-shirt (but the bitch took it during the divorce!!!):toothless
Dude she was to hard on you. Thats why the next one has to be a redneck girl.:lolup :lolup :lolup Live and learn.

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts
FUN stuff!

TO get the crud out, Just get a long peice of all thread,(remove the carrier) stick through the tube, then on the carrier end, Stick a nut and washer that are just smaller then the ID of the tube, and scrape it out.

FYI, my D44 and 9inch will be for sale soon. 5.13's ARB's,Warns,CTM's, Currie Axles, Trussed, shaved ;)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oscar said:
Wow are you going with 38 or 40 inches tires or do you have overdrive!!!

its a nice early Bronco
No overdrive and I have 33" tires on it right now---- it will be kinda slow. I plan on running 37x13x15 Boggers when it's all said and done. This thing won't see the street to much so I'm not too concerned about the loooow ratio.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Msuforeman said:
No overdrive and I have 33" tires on it right now---- it will be kinda slow. I plan on running 37x13x15 Boggers when it's all said and done. This thing won't see the street to much so I'm not too concerned about the loooow ratio.

Brian
37 and 4.88:1 that a good set up and lot of performance in there

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a little more done this afternoon before it got too dark. I'm trying to get the axles ready to prep and paint this weekend if it isn't too cold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts