Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Bronco lovers
I have a 96 XLT with the 5.0, eletronic push button 4x4, and the e40d. My transmission has taken a dump on me and it needs rebuilt or replaced. I found a rebuilt e40d with 25k miles on it out of a 95 Bronco with the 351. A couple questions.

Will the torque converter work with my 302 since it is was hooked up to a 351? I wasn't sure if it has a lower stall or not.

Is there anything else about the transmission that would make it not work? Mechanical? Electrical?

I would really appeciate any insight from you guys. thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
the torque converter will work, not so sure on the solenoids though. I recall reading something about the voltage to one of them being diffirent.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i think 95 is the year they changed a couple of the plugs. so it should be a bolt in on your 96.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You may have to change the shift solenoid pack. It is relatively easy though. You may want to ask about the solenoid packs as far as which one goes with what. They are color coded. Also the PCm has to be able to communicate with the TC . So having the right TC solenoid is crucial.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
i think it'll bolt/plug in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know. Where can I find out for sure if I have to change the solenoids??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up giving paul a call since he knows his e40d's well and he said that the 95' and the 96' should be the same. They changed everything over in 95'. So, i'm gonna put it in and hope for the best. Worst case scenereo, I have to swap out solenoids after i install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts