Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kicking around the idea of using an A/C condensor as a transmission cooler. If I can adapt the lines to it I cant see why this wouldnt work. The condensor is capable of handling the temperature the tranny can send it. Also condensors can see up to 400psi and tranny's dont dont put out that much.

Has anybody tried this?

Does anybody see why this might not work?

·
Registered
88 Posts
buddy did this on his 92 f350 7.3l. worked really well, he already had an electric helper fan on from when the AC worked.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They work pretty good since they are aluminum and wider than a regular tranny cooler. Just make sure you flush it really good with some tranny flush.

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Yes I have done this too and have had no issues!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to use a condensor off of a newer Sable that my neighbor was selling for junk, but , I didnt get on it quick enough and the junk guys came and got it. So he said I could have the condensor out of his 86 F 150. Now it is the same exact condensor that my BKO uses for the AC. So instead of having all the lines coming out of the same general area I was considering mounting it upside down. I cant think of how this would hurt anything. The cooler that came off of it had the inlet and outlet ports on the bottom of it too. A condensor or tranny cooler is just a series of tubes with heat syncs attached to them. So I cant imagine why this would keep it from working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts