Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so out here on long island there are basically no legal places to offroad,
but last night i saw this undeveloped patch of land with puddles in it, it had a bunch of containers parked on it....and i thought hey why not just run through it a couple of times... so i drive thruogh it ...

i went into a puddle, i guess it was deeper than i expected, and i heard a loud noise like i bottomed out, i drove out onto pavemenet, set it in park... looked around n under the truck... it looked fine

but then i put it in drive press the accelerator, rpms go up but the truck isnt moving, i check reverse and i hear a loud grinding noise ( maybe gears grinding, it sounds kind of like when you try to start an already started car)

so basically the transmission doesn't engage.... i put it in four wheel drive, nothing different...

whenever i put it in drive i hear some kind of a knocking noise, and if from drive i put it in park or reverse i hear that earsplitting gridning noise....

the truck starts up fine.... i have a 93 xlt with an OD automatic and a 302...

im just wondering what could possibly be wrong, I looked underneath this morning and everything looks alright, no cracks or anything

CORRECTION rear end is blown... not the tranny

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
You have water in the tranny, thats what ya get for wheeling on private property uninvited :twak

Drain the tranny and refill, and hope that takes care of it.

After a reread, it could be worse. Start by draining the fluid though.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
JahWarrior said:
You have water in the tranny, thats what ya get for wheeling on private property uninvited :twak

Drain the tranny and refill, and hope that takes care of it.

After a reread, it could be worse. Start by draining the fluid though.

:stupid Check the tranny linkages and drop the pan, look for metal shavings in the fluid.

That's what you get for trespassing, serves ya right.:twak

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Gene said:
Live and learn. :shrug There is very little patience for this kind of behavior on FSB, because it is this very kind of behavior that makes it so damned hard to get trails opened up for legal usage. Its irresponsible, and makes us all look bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just hope i dont need a new transmission.... i have school in three days and not enough money to even rebuild one

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Did you at least check the trans fluid and see if it looks normal, bad or if there is even still any fluid in there?

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
johnnychop said:
stupid mother****er
do it legal or dont do it at all

check your fluid bitch
You kiss your mother with that mouth? :doh0715:

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
johnnychop said:
stupid mother****er
do it legal or dont do it at all

check your fluid bitch

That is not called for at all. There is no reason to directly attack this person that did not in any way for or fashion attack you. He made a mistake and now he probably has to shell out about 2 grand to fix it. let it be

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it just took two tow trucks to get my bronco.... first came a ford... im not sure may be it was a f350... then it couldnt lift the bronco high enough so they called in another truck... a big chevy... damnit...

anyway no i didnt check the fluid ... but the truck is in a service station so ill find out whats wrong with it tomorow...

ps. how much do u think it costs to rebuild that transmission or get a manual one installed instead

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
ps. how much do u think it costs to rebuild that transmission or get a manual one installed instead
Depending on what transmisison you got, im thinkin gE4OD you are looking at 1500-2500 for a rebuild.

yooooo negros gotta chill out on this site

hes an asshole for what he did

and he deserves to pay whatever it costs

stupid northerner

we dont **** around liek that in the south
You are about retarded. To sit there and say us "Negros" need to chill out and that this doesnt happen in the south. Your an idiot. This shit probably happens more in the south than anywhere else.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Before you even called for a tow truck you should have checked your fluid level. Who knows, maybe a quart or two was all you needed. Oh well.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
johnnychop said:
yup

and i kissed yours too
I don't suppose by any chance your cousin, brother, and dad are all the same guy are they? I'm just trying to help you with an excuse :twak I didn't know it was geographical location that led people to do stupid shit though, must be something in the air I guess.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
johnnychop said:
yooooo negros gotta chill out on this site

stupid northerner

we dont **** around liek that in the south
don't use racist terms here, please.

what does northerner have to do with it?

and, i don't think you have room to talk about that shit don't happen in the south, as your location says NEW YORK, which the last time i checked, was up NORTH!

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
nm

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
johnnychop said:
yall a bunch of redneck, cotton picking, tooth missing, trailer park, scaliewags

if good old lee had his way

all you carpetbagers would be sent up to boston:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 70 Posts