Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the fluid in an e4od circulate?

I'm asking cuz I removed the lower line on the radiator to hook up a tranny cooler and no fluid came out of the line or radiator. When I removed the line at the junkyard fluid went everywhere, out of the line and radiator, and this was a truck that hasn't moved in quite some time.

I figured if it was just a clogged line there would at least be some fluid built up in there to come out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mabey you need to open the top line to release the vacuum that would be present. I can't find a diagram of the way the transmission fluid flows for that transmission, but when I did the full flush I removed both lines.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that would probably help but I had the line completely off and only one or two drops came out. When i took the cooler off the other truck it was spewing out before the bolt was out. I'm pretty sure there no circulation is going on but I dunno much about this stuff. I figured a flush isnt gonna help if none of the fluid is even getting there

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fluid is good I just changed it and filter. I'll do that tomorrow and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just completed fluid/filter change and added external filter. The cooler return line also dripped when I opened the line. Maybe vacuum like Kyle suggested or it was empty from the fluid change. Either way, it seems normal. Perhaps the JY truck had a busted radiator seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts