Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just got my 80 back from the collision shop yesterday and it looked great after 3400 dollars worth of work, any way so i brought it back today because i noticed it was leaking something that was not oil, so i thought that it might be my power steering fluid turns out its my transmission seal, has completely let all of my fluid out its my front seal towards the grill, so does anyone know about how much this will cost to fix, or anything i could do, and is that a good sign that i need to replace my whole transmission.

·
Registered
77 Posts
front seals could be the torque converter leaking, or the front main seal on tranny. i always go through the tranny when leaks start, but even rebuilt trannys leak. if its shifts ok, and you cant pay to rebuild, just check that fluid level every time you start that truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently bout a 92 bronco with a 302 with an automatic trans. Well I pulled into parking lot and shut the truck of and notice so smoke so I lokked underneath the truck and noticed it was pouring trans fluid from around the bell housing. I was guessing it was the either a torque convertor or the front seal. I have already dropped thr transmission but the torque convertor is leaking any fluid so the only the thing I can figure is the front seal but I figure out how to get to the seal much less how to get the seal because of the plate directly nehind the convertor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
ok so i just got my 80 back from the collision shop yesterday and it looked great after 3400 dollars worth of work,.
Did the $3400 worth of work come out of your pocket? I figured anything that old would be totaled out after $2000, from an insurance company. :shrug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts