Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started having a major leak from the black rubber plug in the front of the transmission where it bolts to engine. I have done research and can't find answer. There is no codes, the transmission fluid/filter changed 300 miles ago, new radiator/thermostate 300 miles also. It has tranny cooler on it. Am I destined for a rebuild or is there something I could try? I have been driving in town today short trips and no hard driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep its tranny fluid. it is coming from the inspection hole with the rubber seal that you would open to drain torque converter

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Then your front seal is leaking.

This would be a good time to do both the front seal and the rear main seal on the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't mean to butt in hear but I am also leaking some tranny fluid but it is from a ,what looks like a drain plug. I have no clue about trannys, or transfer cases. I know the I have the transmission fluid pan and then in front of it there is another square pan that has a circle is in it where it looks like some drain plug, and then you get to the oil pan.

Any help, pointers, and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I still cant figure out how to post my own question but i have a black round rubber plug in the front of my transmission by where it bolts on and i drove across the state of mass and when i pulled up outfront of my house i was pissing tranny fluid out of this hole. Anyone know why or have suggestions on how i can fix it right. Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
665 Posts
I still cant figure out how to post my own question but i have a black round rubber plug in the front of my transmission by where it bolts on and i drove across the state of mass and when i pulled up outfront of my house i was pissing tranny fluid out of this hole. Anyone know why or have suggestions on how i can fix it right. Thanks - Bill
From what you are describing it sounds like the above mentioned front seal is leaking. The rubber plug is used to access the bolt you remove to drain the toque converter. You might search "draining torque converter" and see if you can find some write ups with pics that might make sense to you. Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts