Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 bronco with an automatic transmission. When i drive for a while in sand, transmission fluid starts leaks out of where the transmission bolts to the engine block. What can I do to fix that?

·
Registered
610 Posts
well if it never does it other times, you prob dont have a problem with a seal. You might be overheating the tranny, and as the over heated fluid expands, its comming out of the top vent..or your splashing it out of the dip stick tube from all the bouncing around.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tranny fluid

davidwilliston said:
I have a 92 bronco with an automatic transmission. When i drive for a while in sand, transmission fluid starts leaks out of where the transmission bolts to the engine block. What can I do to fix that?
If it is tranny fluid and not oil your front tranny seal is probably getting ready to crap the bed, you will know it won't get better only worse. was 4X4 in my 96 front tranny seal blew and tranny fluid wen't on cross-over manifold and set the bronco on fire. Lucky my buddy seen it and put it out with out any carnage. After you drive it check driveway for tranny fluid or put a piece of cardboard with a block on it and check it in the morning and see if it is leaking. If so your gonna have to pull tranny back and change front seal. GOOD LUCK CHUCKD43:goodfinge :rebelflag

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Thats a easy one......just dont drive in sand.

On the real side......you need to get under the truck......clean it all up nice and bright, and then when it starts leaking again, you can see exactly where its coming from. Chances are its a seal, and it would involve removing or at least loosening the trans/engine to fix it correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CHUCKD43 said:
If it is tranny fluid and not oil your front tranny seal is probably getting ready to crap the bed, you will know it won't get better only worse. was 4X4 in my 96 front tranny seal blew and tranny fluid wen't on cross-over manifold and set the bronco on fire. Lucky my buddy seen it and put it out with out any carnage. After you drive it check driveway for tranny fluid or put a piece of cardboard with a block on it and check it in the morning and see if it is leaking. If so your gonna have to pull tranny back and change front seal. GOOD LUCK CHUCKD43:goodfinge :rebelflag
Mine did the same thing, the fluid leaked right onto the exhaust and caught on fire but my buddy saw it and put it out before it could do any damage. Could a trans cooler help any.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
broncos&bombs said:
it would take some hellashious bouncing to splash ATF out of the dipstick. and it only does this while driving in sand?
ya only in sand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.