Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i went out and started the bronco thinking i had the trans lines fixed, well, she wouldnt budge, i checked the fluid, empty, i filled it up and looked underneath and it leaks in like 4 or 5 spots:banghead, i was wondering, they make a hi press. hi temp. hose. Have any of you guys had experience with this stuff and if so how well does it hold up?

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Don't use standard hose, it won't hold up over time. There is a hose specifically made for tranny coolers that is rated for something like 75 to 100 psi that isn't that expensive and is a lot more abrasion resistant. Be sure to mount it solidly and that it's well away from the exhaust. It's true that cooler line pressures should never exceed 15 psi or so, but it'll go way over that if there's any restriction, or possibly when it's cold.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a little tip I learned after having leaky rubber lines. Have a trans shop put a kind of flare in the steel line then slip the rubber over and clamp. It didnt cost much (like five bucks) and has kept them leak free.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys thanks for the info. Bronco165 i have a flaring tool so ill use my existing fittings with about 2 inches of line flare them and clamp em

1 - 6 of 6 Posts