Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 bronco with a 3 spd OD auto transmission. E4OD maybe? The transmission shifts fine manually and usually in drive, but sometimes in drive it gets stuck in gear. Sometimes it will get stuck in first, I can manually shift to second and it goes fine but when put back in drive it drops right back to first. Other times it will shift fine but when I get the transmission in third or OD, then I'll stop at a stop sign or light and it stays in high gear and I have to manually shift into first to take off again. The only other problems I have with the transmission is that it shifts pretty hard sometimes and sometimes it won't start in park and I have to shift it to neutral to get it to turn over. Idk if these problems are related but I have heard that the hard shifting is pretty common in the E4OD and I'm not to concerned about it not starting in park. My main concern is it hanging in gear. It doesn't seem to be slipping so it makes me think it may be something electronic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts