Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Ive been browsing for a while and enjoy the site. Very informative. I helped a friend of mine today change the rear main seal in my 94 Bronco 302 with Automatic Transmission and everything seemed to go smooth. He did most of the work as he has done this before. After we got it back together I took it for a drive. In reverse it seems to go fine but when I put it in D it feels as though its slipping or somehow not in low gear. It also doesnt seem to downshift at all. I was kindof testing things out and driving it normally then stomping on the gas to see if it would downshift, and it wouldnt. We only lost about a pint of Transmission fluid so we replaced that. When we had the transmission and transfer case out it was tilted back a little bit and was completely disconnected from the truck. Im stumped as to what the problem could be. Everything worked perfectly before we did this. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to try please post. Help. Thanx in advance for your help. Roger.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sounds like a electrical connection isnt tight. one of the wires isnt making a connection or something.:shrug
i have never pulled my transmission out so that is just a guess but worth checking

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
:stupid yeah it sounds like something came loose when you dropped the tranny, slide under and check for anything that doesn't look right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solution found

Thanx for your responses. I found the problem. It was the electric lead connection on the passenger side of the transmission. It wasnt connected all the way. 5 minutes and I was back in business. Thanx all. Roger.:beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts