Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 92 Full size with 5.8l up to local Trans shop. They quoted me $3,000 to rebuild. Does this sound like a good price. The local junk yard has a used one with 220,000 miles on the odometer for $600.

Is it hard to rebuild a E40D? Where is the best place to get parts for a rebuild?

Thanks ahead of time for any information.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Holy SHIT ! The trans shop and JY are smokin crack or drinking too much bong water. An E4OD rebuild can cost around $1,500 tp $2,000 but $3,000 is rediculous. The local guy here just quoted me $1,300 a few months ago for my wife's 92 F-150. $600 for a 220,000 mile JY trans, BS! tell them to shove that trans right up their ass. I hate it when a JY charges such BS prices for junk. Keep shopping.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I had a rebuilt stage 1 delivered to my house for 1800 works great.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
jslitbit said:
I took my 92 Full size with 5.8l up to local Trans shop. They quoted me $3,000 to rebuild. Does this sound like a good price. The local junk yard has a used one with 220,000 miles on the odometer for $600.

Is it hard to rebuild a E40D? Where is the best place to get parts for a rebuild?

Screw parts for a rebuild !

These guys;

http://www.lentechautomatics.com/aodhome.html

Will send you a newly re-engineered (not just rebuilt) bulletproof trans for less ! Guaranteed to up to 1100 hp.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
867 Posts
links only show for the AOD and AODE 4r70w
What about e4od?
i would like to try to do my own rebuild next time mine blows up.
think B&M has some kits to rebuild them
and if you do a search on yahoo or google you can find alot of information.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sixlitre, I checked their sight. They only have AOD. I need a E40D? The local community college will only take vehicle after the students have been asked first. Then its only if they are studing/training on that topic. Right now they are on Emissions.

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
jslitbit said:

For 3 grand i think you could almost buy a new one from ford if they still make them

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
hipropos said:
links only show for the AOD and AODE 4r70w
What about e4od?
i would like to try to do my own rebuild next time mine blows up.
think B&M has some kits to rebuild them
and if you do a search on yahoo or google you can find alot of information.
Hot dang hipropos !

You're absoutely correct. You know I never done noticed that at all.

Too bad, these guys don't just rebuild trannies, they re-engineer them into real 4 speed autos, not just 3 speeds with an OD.

Still, we can't let them have their way with jslitbit's backpassage like that. We got's to find him a better source for rebuilts than those wallet-rapers.

Has he searched the suppliers page here ?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/miesk5/BroncoPartSources/index.htm

Sixlitre

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
jslitbit said:
I'll keep shopping.
Thats your best bet right there.... Dont forget to price a Jasper, you can R&R a tranny in your driveway with some help! (Run your truck up on 4 ramps and you got a cheap 10" lift to work under your truck.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts