Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks.like.I am.going to have my T18 transmission built it has been jumping out of 3rd and reverse I took it to a local transmission shop which I have used before after removing it and taking it apart he said total cost 1350 for a full rebuild I didn't realize transmission work had went up that much it's been over 10 years since I had one built. They do give a 1 year 12000 mile warranty that includes labor to pull it and they are only 12.miles from my home does that price sound reasonable ? Also my motor is at the builder waiting on him to start on it hopefully I can get everything back together by Thanksgiving don't know if I will have any money left for Christmas Lmao.

·
Registered
141 Posts
A rebuild kit from Novak is around $240 (yes you can find them cheaper) with shipping. I'd figure 4 hours to tear it down, clean it and reassemble. Average shop rate in my area is $100 pr/hr. Unless you have any hard parts that have failed or worn beyond serviceable life, he's a little steep.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would 2nd that. It does sound a little steep, especially if it is already removed for them. You could rebuild it yourself.

Or I went and got a t-19 and am loving it. I didn't even pull my bell housing, everything just bolted right up. Having the syncroed 1st gear is really nice. Especially if you use it at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
yea that's pretty high, i would either rebuild it yourself or look for a used one you can find good used ones for around 300 and sometimes with the tcase attached at that price. np435 will work too might have to get a different tcase adapter though not for sure on that

not sure where your at in Alabama but this guy is on here, he sold me some springs hes got a 435 for 200 hes in dallas ga

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/pts/4710443811.html

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
seems pretty high when most of the parts they are going to reuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts