Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I'm new to the fourm so forgive me if this is in the wrong thread. My 1992 Bronco 5.0 has a messed up transmission its a automatic E type. I want to swap out the automatic for a standard 4 speed. Tips and information on the subject would be greatly appreciated like what standard transmission is best what are my options and thanks in advance!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Welcome! A much easier swap would be to go for a zf5 or a m5od 5 speed. They are much easier to swap in. Don't forget to fill out your vehicle details under your username, it will help the experts here in solving any problems you might have.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,098 Posts
First of all, what is the current automatic doing? There are multiple easy fixes depending on what the symptoms are because they're electronically controlled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First of all, what is the current automatic doing? There are multiple easy fixes depending on what the symptoms are because they're electronically controlled.
When I put the Bronco in drive it makes a loud banging noise and sometimes even stalls the motor. The trans code on the door says E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts