Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK you guys probably get a good laugh everytime i try to explain what is wrong with my truck. But I did want to say thank you to all of you who sent me suggestions on how to install my drum brakes. Finally got them on and thanks.

So here is my thing...everytime i go driving in my '87 bronco, 302, v-8 e40d automatic transmisson, i get a small jerking of the truck. It is usually when it is shifting to another gear, and its seems to always be shifting into overdrive, instead of staying at a set gear. NOW REMEMBER, I have no experience with vehicles of any sort. So explaining is hard for me. I went to the transmission shop here in Susanville, and the guy said he doesnt think my transmission is going out but it may be loose. So i got a prybar and tried to wiggle stuff and the transmission doesnt move....WAIT FOR IT...but the transfer case does. IS IT SUPPOSED to be able to move or is a mount loose? PLease tell me what to do.

Thank you....Bill

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,069 Posts
Bill, your 87 came with an AOD not the E4OD. Unless someone has did some heavy modifying.

Jerking of the truck while shifting gears.........hmmmmm. That's usually sometimes bad spark plug wires. But if it seems to shift too soon, then maybe you need to adjust your TV cable. To try this, watch this video.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Transfer case should be tight. Are you leaking any fluids? I would guess, it might be loose at the transmission. Take a wrench (I think - 1/2") and see if any are need tightening. Unless (argh) the case is cracked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts