Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever had this problem? i have a 96 eddie bauer bronco, 351, auto, not sure which tranny, has overdrive. it seems to surge when it needs to downshift, when it does downshift it goes away. a friends buick century does the same thing so someone should have had this problem before. any help from you guys would be appreciated. thx. Jerry

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Do you mean your engine surges when your tranny downshifts? It doesn't sound like anything I know of but perhaps someone else will be able to help you out. How does it shift normally? If you can give us a little more info that would help.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not the engine, the tach doesn't move from whatever rpm it's at. it feels like the tranny. otherwise its shifts normal.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
bronc36 said:
it's not the engine, the tach doesn't move from whatever rpm it's at. it feels like the tranny. otherwise its shifts normal.
Even if it stops surging, put a remote tranny filter on that sucker. These trannies are too expensive not to invest the bux into one. Summit sells several.

I've been really happy with the way mine cleaned all the fluid and helped all the shifts. I still change all the fluid once a year and the internal filter, but every month I change the spin on remote filter and it costs me very little compared to a new AOD. Heck your newer electric tranny would cost even more.

Sixlitre
:shocked

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Andy351 said:
try a tranny cooler in addition to the external filter.
Damn straight Andy351

I use the B&M 1 1/2" thick unit with the fluid that runs through the fins not just the pipes, just like the stock one, but triple the size.

I'm wishing I'd had more bucks to buy the remote filter with the tranny temp gauge, but then I also wish I was plumbing the gauge on trading spaces. Can't have everything you want eh ?

Sixlitre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts