Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Raf, I trashed my Milwaukee grinder today. I was just grinding off tack welds to remove the expanded steel from my mob-yle home (that's fancy talk for white trash trailer) stairs.

It's seen a good bit of hard use tho, and I just happen to still have the box, so Home Depot is exchanging it tomorrow whether they like it or not. It's scary, lots of fireworks in the back of grinder (comes out the vents and glows thru the red plastic), it sounds super sickly and smokes like mad.

Actually I'm gonna see if they can order the big daddy, still 4.5" but 12amp motor:

http://www.jimslimstools.com/detail.aspx?ID=1407

For approx $20 more this seems like a hell of deal to go from an 8.5amp motor to a 12amp motor.

Also AX, I just picked up two of those 5" grinders from HF you seem to like.... paddle switch, 3 position handle, etc. I call BS, those things suck for real use. The first one got so hot I couldn't handle it with quality Mechanix gloves, and it bogs/stalls pretty easy... then it went the way of the Milwaukee (lots of smoke looks cool but smells bad). I had to let it cool for a half hour before I could touch it with bare hands. It's going back to HF.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I think that's the difference.........I do press it hard and work it hard. I've come to expect it from my Milwaukee, it is (was) a workhorse. It's amazing how much more quickly the Milwaukee will take off metal than cheaper units because you don't have to baby it. Oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.