Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'll come from Belgium to Alton IL next week.

I would like to buy some gifts for my FSB.
There is somebody who can give me some good adresses: offroad shop and auto parts shop. Shops in Alton IL or St Louis MO.

There is something that it must be seen in the country?

Thanks..

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
WOW!

That flight can't be short. St Louis has the arch that i have always wanted to see.

Hopefully you can get a hold of some of the fellow FSB members from that area that can help you out with shops, and hopefully you don't run across too many rude Americans.

Are you driving from MO to IL or are you taking a flight? Are you on a fixed schedule or can you travel around a bit. Cleveland has the Rock and Roll hall of fame. If you go to northeastern tip of Illinois you can see the great lakes, not impressive to me, i see them on a daily basis, but it is still neat to know it's the largest freshwater body in the world.

I don't know if you even know what NASCAR is, but there are a couple of tracks around there, Chicagoland and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Hopefully somebody from that area responds, i really do hope you have a great trip!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Rob, think around 9-11 hours depending on trade winds. But it sure beats traveling by boat!

dach, I hope you enjoy your stay! Just don't mind the *******s on the roads, we're not all jerks, I promise. :)

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I lived in St. Louis for 16 years. Go to the Gateway Arch like said before, just don't go to East St. Louis. Too bad you aren't gonna be in for summer, the Cardinal baseball games are kickass. Spend some time in downtown St. Louis during the day, check out all that stuff. The Saint Louis Zoo is also awesome, as well as Grants Farm, the Science Center, and the City Museum. Forest Park is a great place to see true beauty. It was the sight of the 1904 World's Fair. The Zoo is in Forest Park. If you go to Forest Park be sure to visit the free Art Museum, the Spanish Pavillion, Boat House, and just walk around the park! If you want any more info, PM me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First flying from Belgium to Atlanta 8 hours, second flying Atlanta to Saint Louis 2 hours. Then Saint Louis to Alton by car rental.

It's my third trip to Alton Il, 25 miles from Saint Louis. I travel for job, I'm not in holidays. I never had time to visit the country, never saw the Gateway Arch. :cry

This time I'll stay one day more and I'll rent a car. I'll have Sunday and all the ends of work days for shopping and visit. Sure I'll see the Gateway Arch, downtown St Louis, Forest Park... :twotu:

For autozone and offroad shop, somebody could give me goods adresses...

thanks.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
dach said:
First flying from Belgium to Atlanta 8 hours, second flying Atlanta to Saint Louis 2 hours. Then Saint Louis to Alton by car rental.

It's my third trip to Alton Il, 25 miles from Saint Louis. I travel for job, I'm not in holidays. I never had time to visit the country, never saw the Gateway Arch. :cry

This time I'll stay one day more and I'll rent a car. I'll have Sunday and all the ends of work days for shopping and visit. Sure I'll see the Gateway Arch, downtown St Louis, Forest Park... :twotu:

For autozone and offroad shop, somebody could give me goods adresses...

thanks.
Here's a map you can print off for the Advance stores in Alton. Steve83 doesn't allow us to talk about that other store you mentioned here in a public forum.

http://advanceauto.know-where.com/advance-auto-parts/cgi/site?site=01945&address=::alton::IL::

You can also surf their site and decide what you want to buy before you get here by inserting the Alton zip code(listed for the store) into the website.

That's what I do anytime I'm heading for the states.

Here's a free 411 link for you to search auto and truck stores too;

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgidir.dll?MEM=1

It'll give you maps right down to street scale that you can print off.

Enjoy yersef !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
554 Posts
first off welcome...

I also live in St. Louis...I think gunner is from the same town as I. while in Alton HIT UP fast eddies bon aire rest. it is AWSOME and cheap great for lunch.

the 4x4 shop would be 1st capital 4x4...it will be a good drive from alton though at about 40-45min. or so. There is the home of bigfood 4x4 not too far but it mostly bigfoot t-shirts and stuff, still kinda cool to just stop in for a few min. though.

The park that has the zoo, art mus., sci-center is FREE very few like it in the nation that are free and some of the "best" in the nation as well.

If you know what hotel your at I could get the addy for you and send you some map quests to some places so at least you have some driving directions.

-----

stay out of east st. louis like said...however, there are some ADULT entertainment places that are not too far away from east st. louis that are preaty nice:thumbup

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
hahaha...that is great, good for you!:thumbup

did you get the parts you needed?

ps - guys, :beer for giving dach all of the great advice. just a heads up, not picking on anybody at all, but it's probably hard for someone who doesn't use english as a first language to understand some of our slang, for example:

"gonna", "addy" "hit up" "kickass" and abbreviations of all kinds, they are just confusing.

speaking first hand as when i moved to germany for a year, even though i "spoke" the language, the slang made it all but impossible for me to figure out...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had just ordered parts to JBG before going to USA, 400 Lbs of parts... And so, I only bought some magazines.

You are right, slang is not easy to understanding. I do my best for english...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts