Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just got done installing my new brass knuckles.

These are the ones I got since they have double shear, seems like most only have single shear.

Samix TRX-4 brass knuckles | RCNews.net - RC Car News

Going to my first crawler comp tomorrow if it don't get rained out. Time to see if this stuff can hang with guys who do this all the time.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I ended up getting 1st in my class and 3rd over all!

TRX 4 ALL THE WAY!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Videos from the rainy crawler comp.

First run.

Second run.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Does anyone know what all bodies will fit on this Bronco trx-4 ?? i really don't wanna screw up the factory body-

Any of them can fit well if they are close in wheelbase. And there are a lot to choose from in our range even an 80s Bronco if you want to keep it Ford.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've wanted to get into RC for awhile and this may push me over the edge to take the plunge. Too many interests- not enough time and money!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've wanted to get into RC for awhile and this may push me over the edge to take the plunge. Too many interests- not enough time and money!
I wasn't looking to get into RC crawling but I needed to get the TRX 4 Bronco since I have a real freewheeler. Then I needed a beater body so I don't mess up my Bronco body. Then I needed beadlocks and good tires. Then........LOL it just kept going, it is a lot of fun!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Tonight the last of the plastic parts came off the front portal. Now it's all metal and HEAVY up front. I got some cheap ebay brass portal covers and a nugget of a bass front cover. I made the brass tie rod so it would clear that front cover.

Reactions: Hillbilly Heaven

·
Registered
689 Posts
Some of todays fun at work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fun fact, for some reason Ford is easier to get licensed than GM, that's why Traxxas has made all sorts of Ford bodies!
Various Fiestas of different shapes and sizes, oldschool bigfoot, Raptor, Mustang funny car. Ford GT, Mustang GT, and there's probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Still waiting on anyone to make a 1/8 scale '69 Mustang Boss 429 body for the XO-1!

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Got one. Performs really well outta the box.. A well thought out crawler..

Except for body posts and pin clips.. Really Traxxas? lol.. Magnets, magnets, magnets.

Can't stand body posts or pins.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Got one. Performs really well outta the box.. A well thought out crawler..

Except for body posts and pin clips.. Really Traxxas? lol.. Magnets, magnets, magnets.

Can't stand body posts or pins.

Nice!

With weight added low and thinner shock oil and tires I won my class and got 3rd over all at the first crawler comp I ever went to...LOL

Reactions: B-man

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Maybe someone needs to build a course like this? Hope this works first time I have tried to embed a group of pics from FB. Oh and the EB did get stuck when it planted that front bumper corner in the hole. Have asked my buddy for specs on it since I am sure he is the one that built it.
Crap it doesn't work.
Just scroll down it is 10 pics of the crawling course.
https://www.facebook.com/FinishLineHobbyTown/

He sent me how he built it.
I cut pieces of 2x4 at 1/2" intervals... spaced them approx 1.5" apart... experimented and set it up so that there was some cool looking twist and some 3 wheel action going on before I screwed them to the main board. It will vary from rig due to approach/departure angles, as well as wheelbase lengths.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That looks cool but more difficult to make.

·
Registered
689 Posts
2 videos from yesterdays lunch break.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I seen some wheels on Ebay I really liked and I wanted a second set so I got them but they were very light weight compared to my white wagon wheels. The lock ring inside the tire was aluminum and my wagons are steel so I looked online and found some 2 1/4'' OD .188 wall DOM that is almost perfect to make new ones.

I only had to open up the ID about .030 and cut the bead channels. In the pic the aluminum one is on the left and the new DOM ones are piled up on the right. Now they feel nice and heavy like my wagon wheels and are WAY easier to mount up.

The other pic is a servo I am converting into a servo winch. More on that when my supplies come in.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 217 Posts