Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mostly interested in what discount tire has to say, since i'm sure you get a lot of feedback from customers.

i'm looking for tires, 37" for a 17" wheel.
right now the main contenders are Kevlar MTRs, Toyo MTs, Cooper STTs, and Dick Cepek FC IIs.

i know the Dick Cepeks wear very good, my dad has them on his DD. 30k mi and 75% tread remaining is pretty good IMO...

how are the new MTRs wearing? are they any better than the Toyos, which i've heard wear very well?

haven't heard much about coopers except an opinion on a forum here and there. they look like a solid tire tho, and i believe should be on the same carcass and probably compound as the Dick Cepeks. (i believe mickey t and dick c are both produced by cooper, correct me if i'm wrong?)

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I would be interested this as well. My next toy will have either 35's or 37's under it and I want a more road friendly tire.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Most people with jeeps that bought them have Goodyear MTrs, they dont wear to well and they chunk when taken off road. especially if you are in rocky situations like outwest and some midwest areas.

I am a firm believer in Toyo MTs, I have had them on 6 vehicles from 35s, to 38s.
Titan
Super Duty
3-Jeeps
F150

They wear really well, are without a doubt the quietest mud tire you can buy and work well in ALL conditions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts