Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Salt Water
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from the gf's last night I slid into a tree, there was about 2 inches of snow on the road and nothing had been plowed or sanded. I was only going about 15mph (10 on spedo..33's) too... This sucks bad.

That is paint stuck to the tree.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
put a new core support on it and pound the rest out. So how fast were you really going?

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,500 Posts
Ouch - glad to see that your are ok... I've got a brand new Ford bumper for sale :D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
bana dun dun dun

another one bites the dust.

Sorry to hear about it, glad to see everyone was ok, that is a hell of a ding for 10mph

oh yea, and shitll buff out.

·
Salt Water
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the spedo said 10 and I got 33's so I figured it was about 15 mph, then I started to slide. It was a downhill corner and when I tried to turn and brake slowly, I kept on going straight. Now I have a broken truck :banghead

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Well the spedo said 15 and I got 33's so I figured it was about 10 mph, then I started to slide. It was a downhill corner and when I tried to turn and brake slowly, I kept on going straight. Now I have a broken truck :banghead
Bigger tires mean that you're going further or faster per tire revolution. You know there's an easy way to racilbrate your speedometer right?

·
Salt Water
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it looks like I'm stupid, don't know why i though it was the other way around, and yes i just hadn't gotten around to doing it.

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Yea thats no 10mph crash. Maybe 20, but even then...alot of damage to a Bronco for 20mph.

If I lose directional control, a tap on the gas brings the front end around to where I want. This just not work on my Jeep Cherokee, however. In fact it does the opposite, and requires a new alignment when you hit the curb.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
So you were going over 15 when you started sliding......

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well the spedo said 15 and I got 33's so I figured it was about 10 mph, then I started to slide. It was a downhill corner and when I tried to turn and brake slowly, I kept on going straight. Now I have a broken truck :banghead
15 with 33's is more like 17..

55 with 36's = 65

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts

·
Salt Water
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thanks for the info I guess I was going closer to 20 that I tought. I'm gonna see what the insurance has to say before I know what I'm going to do with it. I want to keep it and get it fixed but we'll see. (I fixed the above posts to be correct too)

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
wildbronco83:

I say screw it it's a truck and if you the have insurance money to tear it apart and rebuild, get it back on the road asap. :doh0715:

It looks like it saved you from getting seriously hurt ~ :chili:

Good luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If you're scrapping......dibs on the interior. However if you know someone in the body trades to help and provide advice, you can fix this.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Ouch.

Once you start sliding you gain speed, especially if its a downhill slide. Your speedo couldve said one thing, but with the slide and the gravity force of the downhill then it puts you going faster.

Looks like it should be an easy fix, as long as the frame isnt bent inward.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
With my experience 10 mph with 33s is pretty damn close to 10 mph. Not until I hit 25 mph does it start reading slower.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts