Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
im just over the 'low rpm torque' build. i tried it, didnt like it. my F250 build is almost an inverse of having more rpm with less power to accomplish the same goal. and honestly i much perfer it. its weird to think a 302 with budegt aluminum heads and abit more axle gearing could keep up with a 425ci with a much higher end build. and in a signifiacntly cheaper way. thats when i realized that its better to utilize the higher rpm ranges and use more alxe gearing. sure top speed will be lower but who wants to go 140mph in a bronco?
I agree 100% this is how Toyota, Suzuki, etc guys have done it forever. Gear it and let it rev. A 351w based stroker motor will still make decent lowend until you go wild with the cam.

Modern truck gas engines don't make tons of lowend. Coyotes, ls, hemi all have torque peaks much higher than these old engines and use 8 to 10 speed transmissions to keep them in the curve.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,992 Posts
thats a carb only intake im assuming. honestly im kinda confised by that whole CL ad. the SuperVictor i was talinig about is for EFI. it has bungs for mounting injectors. there is also a carb SuperVictor since its basicly the same casting. one of my pics didnt load correctly.
Correct, carb or TBI. Not multiport efi like the victor is cast for.

Its a dual plane intake for the boss 9.2" deck FRPP "351w" block. 0-7000rpm range is the big spec for me. Its part of the N351 sportsman line. Im running said N351 pistons in my 300.

Its a $400 intake selling for 130. But adapters are required for a 9.5" windsor.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts