Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Tried search for cats-didn't help

934 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Davids78Bronco 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
No offence, but y'all are my last resort. I can not find a stock replacement y-pipe w/cats for under a grand. I wanted a full bassani kit, however the shipping ends up being $300.00 to Alaska. My mechanic has had my bronco for 2 months now. We can't find a cost effective way to get old bessy up and running again. Can anybody help me? Any help will be SO appreciated...Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
As you well know, living in Alaska sucks for finding cost-effective parts, nevermind the cost of shipping anything up there, that's always going to be expensive. Trying to be cheap about it means either having a local shop weld up a stock-type system, get a cat, or two, and a muffler from your NAPA

#3 ·
Wow! I'm not sure what it costs to ship in a slow truck to Alaska but Summit Racing ~CLICK ME~ has the Borla system for $360.00. They also sell hi flow cats (CatCo) for around $60.

Alaska or not, I can't believe you can not find an muffler shop/garage that can fabricate an exhaust system for you with out having to have the pre made pieces from a kit?

#4 ·
Well if my mechanic still had a pipe bender, we would have it done. I live on a small island in Southeast Alaska and it is terrible trying to get anything done here. I was hoping somebody had an idea of a good kit...thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.