Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little spark knock or gas ping when the trans shift to a higher gear. So I was going to adjust the timing but after I loosened the bolt that holds the distributor down it still doesn't move. I even tried to tap it with a long screwdriver and a hammer and it still won't budge. Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Mine did the same thing and a few others on here had the same problem.
Spray some PB Blaster or whatever you got where it mates to the block then you just have to work at it. Loosen the bolt till the clamp is loose. Try lightly tapping it with a rubber mallet

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JScatt, I'll Shoot it with PB blaster tonight and try it again tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
mine was stuck hard in the block, I thought I would never get it out. Once I finally did get it to move, and come out I saw why it was stuck. Shellac builds up in the gap and seals it tight into the block. Like they said above, I used PB Blaster or some other penetrant to un-stick it. Spray it on heavy, let it sit, try to move it, spray, wait, try to move it, repeat until it moves. It may take a few times but it will come out eventually. Heres a pic of what mine looked like after i got it out so you know what your fighting.

Just make sure you clean it all up before you put it back in, including the block.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, I sprayed PB blaster on it and was able to adjust the timing the next day. What a difference it made, it even feels like the transmission is shifting smoother. :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts