Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has happened to someone, but couldn't find anything in the search forums. When I apply my brakes, they pull hard to the left up front. I took my tires off and the right (passenger side) is almost stuck. I can't spin the tire freely. Rears seem to be adjusted ok, so I'm thinking maybe bad calipers. Which fortunately, I have some in my garage, just didn't want to put them on yet, don't ask (lazy). Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
What problem? Stuck caliper or being lazy? :rofl:

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

I've got that same problem... it took my headlights not working at ALL this morning for me to finally get around to rewiring and putting new plugs on the sockets... it's been a problem for weeks now, and I just finally did something about it.

Now I'm kicking myself in the ass for not having done it a year ago, because my headlights are so insanely bright, I just turn off the lights when people flick their high beams at me, because I'm afraid that flashing the highs will have someone calling the cops on me.

Lazy, yeeeeeeep. :toothless

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lazy part I could probably fix (eventually). However, if the passenger side is compressing while the brakes are pressed, than why would it pull so hard to the drivers side? I think that the pass. side is just not releasing all the way, but it still does compress when the brakes are applied. I did put a new inside tie rod on the steering a while back, but the alignment seems to be close enough to not be the reason for the sudden pulling. If the brakes get hot, like using them frequently off road, it doesn't seem to pull to hard, like when it's cold. Should I just brake out of the lazies and put the new calipers on and see what happens? Hmm, I guess I just answered my own question. Thanks for your help all, I'll let you know what happens.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Your rubber brake line could be the problem as well.
When you say your alignment is close enough, what exactly do you mean by that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had a similar problem with mine. Caliper seized up on the pass. side and I didn't pay much attention to it at first, but it worsened and you could see smoke coming from the front wheel, not to mention the wheel being very hot. Ended up wearing the brake pad down to the rivets. Gave me an excuse to go get steel piston calipers as a replacement. I'd def. get it checked soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts