Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching and not finding what I needed...here is my problem. No blinkers or reverse lights, hazards are fine, turn signal flasher is new, and all bulbs are new. I removed some bad parts of a trailer harness and they still don't work. I pulled the steering wheel and tested the points on the turn signal mechanisms and don't get any power there when the turn signals should be on. All the other power points in the steering column work fine. Could my problem be in the column or what else could I be missing?

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Check the blinker fluid.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way to test the cam?? The blinker switch stays in position.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Take a quick look in the left rear tail light. Pull the light out and check the wires going to it.....as far as I know it is a weak point

·
Banned
22,761 Posts
86 Bronco said:
I pulled the steering wheel and tested the points on the turn signal mechanisms and don't get any power there when the turn signals should be on.
Naturally, they're not going to work if they're not getting power. Trace the circuit back from there until you find the break in the power wire.

·
Registered
86 Posts
do the signals work once in a while?

i know this happened in my 87, i had to replace the assembly in the column :shrug

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
do they work in the rain or wet conditions??? This happened to me, turned out to be a bad ground... if memory serves, the 4-ways use a different ground point...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have a problem with my right blinkers. When I flip the signal down the light on the dash does not always come on, but I can hear the clicking noise and the rear blinker comes on, but the front blinker does not. Occasionally the blinkers work fine and the front and rear blinkers both work as well as the light on the dash. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Get yourself a Haynes manual, volt meter, tool box and if all else doesn't work, a 3 pound ford wrench will do the trick (3 pound sledge hammer).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts