Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I am still searching the site for info but thought I would ask, my friend has a 94 F150, the washer fluid does not work. Took out the tank, cleaned it all up put back together no joy. What happens is when you push the washer fluid switch, you hear a click but nothing happens. He also picked up a new washer pump for $16, connected it to test and it does not go on. Anyone have a link for a diagram and maybe even troubleshooting maitrix??

Thanks
:rockon

·
Super Moderator
26,988 Posts
yo EZ

Windshield Washer Inoperative
Low fluid level.
Split, loose, pinched or kinked windshield washer hose.
Open in multi-function switch.
Windshield washer pump/wiring/connectors corroded, etc.

Since Steve isn't here now.....

Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Testing 92-96; See Steve's Steering Column Diagram for removal/installation; "...the MFS testing is done disconnected; it's strictly an internal test of the MFS; There is no testing for the WCM - you test the MFS, the wiper & spray motors, and the wiring. If they're good but don't operate, it has to be the WCM by elimination..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/media/225114

I have MFS Cleaning/Repair & Replacement LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=136

Wiper Control Module (WCM) Testing in 92-96; "...the wiper control module is mounted to the R of the glove box, and is easy to get to. It converts the resistance signals from the MFS into high-current signals to the wiper motor; the spray & all other wiper functions are controlled by the WCM..."

Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/media/225168_1

Spray Nozzle Operation & Pattern Diagram in 92-96; "...The windshield washer system has two windshield washer nozzle jet and brackets (17603) located on the cowl vent screens (018A16). The washer system is activated by pushing in on the outboard end of the multi-function switch (13K359). This action energizes a windshield washer pump (17664) mounted inside a cavity in the windshield washer reservoir (17618 ). The windshield washer reservoir is mounted on the fender apron. If multi-function switch is in OFF or INT position, windshield wiper will run as long as knob is pushed in. When the knob is released, washers will stop immediately, but windshield wipers will continue to run for three to four cycles before returning to OFF or interval operation. If the multi-function switch is in LO or HI position, washers operate with no change in windshield wiper operation. NOTE: The windshield washer nozzle jet and bracket sprays windshield washer fluid in a fan-like pattern onto the windshield glass (03100), but the jet is actually a single oscillating stream. Only actuate the system momentarily to avoid sending more fluid than needed through the system. The windshield washer nozzle jet and bracket is not adjustable, and is mounted to the cowl vent screens. Do not apply shop air pressure. Do not insert any object to adjust or clean nozzles..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/media/95309

Wiring Diagram in 92-95 Bronco & F Series

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

·
Banned
6,857 Posts
If the new motor doesn't run, either it's junk, or he's not connecting it from 12V to ground. The click from the glove box says the MLPS is working, and the MFS probably is, too. Check the motor ground wire, and re-terminate it to the body if necessary.

Test the new motor by jumpering it directly to the battery.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks miesk5, that should help out imensly... :thumbup
but I know you already knew that... :rockon

Will let you know what I find out... Thanks again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the new motor doesn't run, either it's junk, or he's not connecting it from 12V to ground. The click from the glove box says the MLPS is working, and the MFS probably is, too. Check the motor ground wire, and re-terminate it to the body if necessary.

Test the new motor by jumpering it directly to the battery.
Thanks STeve83 will do that one first... :rockon

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you can't hear the motor going, then the pump has shit itself. If you hear the pump but no fluid will spray, check for broken hoses and leaks under the truck.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve was on point, it was the contacts on the old pump. When I cleaned them off the old pump worked also.. thanks :rockon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts