Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night my friend had a hotel party and we were talking about trucks. We were talking about Fords, Dodges,Chevys, and Toyotas. I hadn't asked all the kids what they drive and they knew I drove a Ford because they saw me pull into to parking lot. We were talking about Mopar and Dodge and I was making comments about the 1500 having a very week D44 front axle and other aspects of the 1500 that makes the 2500 so much better. Well some kid just suddenly says " You know, Ford sucks too." And I say " All trucks have their different weeknesses, and I dont think you want to argue with me on this one because I read about trucks every day of my life." Well I asked the kid if he knows what DODGE stands for and he said no. I said Designs Of Dumb German Engineers and the kid pretty much flips out and starts talking all kinds of bullshit. I asked the kid what he drives and he says " I dont drive yet." Well I wanted to mentally rape this kid but I didn't, Some kids are just freakin idiots and will speak up about things they have no idea about.

I guess this is kind of a RANT! But I am board so tell me your stories!

·
Registered
525 Posts
one of the guys i work with drives a stock chevy 2wd 2500hd. everytime i go out and play in the mud and then go to work he comes up and say's something to the effect of "you know my truck will do better ing the mud then your bronco" keep in mind now that my bronco is lifted with 35's and usually covered in whatever amount of mud i can find. so i usually ask him to prove that his truck will out 4 wheel mine to which he usually replies "well ill go get my fathers truck because mins is only 2wd" at which point i am usually confused. and tell him that his fathers truck is not his truck and therefor his truck is a giant pile of chevy [email protected] this usually upsets him enough to where he challanges me to a race. i then tell him i will race him but it will have to be either on the beach or in the mud because roads are for driving not for racing. which he usually says thats not fair and storms off.

sometimes i wonder "why cant we all just get along?"

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
That makes two of us, I'm bored too...it's kinda like the calm before the storm :toothless...I just love getting together with my disfunctional family at xmas.

Anyways, as a kid my bro brainwashed me to love chev. I still do...if we are talking about the sixties and early seventies. My first car was a 67 cougar, nice but handled like shite. Next was 67 parisianne, well I had about 10 cars or so before I bought my first 4x4. It was a 3/4 ton chev, 77 I think, this was in 88, I believe, and I've never owned a car as my primary sourse of transportation since.

IMO, the only thing going for chev, is it is or at least was cheap to maintain. Otherwise the interior layout and comfort sucks. After my 77 4x4 got dented and ratbagged to the point it wasn't worth keeping.

I went to toyota, too expensive, went to GM, not as expensive, but I don't like the interior. Finally I went to Ford (I was just shopping around, not really looking to buy yet) 2 1/2 hours later I left with a brand new 1991 Ranger extra cab, and only put $100 dollars down, I just couldn't say no. To this day I wish I never sold it in 98.This Ranger drove and handled like a sports car.

Except for my 55 buick I bought 2 years ago, everything I've bought since 91 has been a ford. Now I got so many ford sensors and ford replacement parts, it just wouldn't make sense to go to GM even if I wanted to.

As for dodge. I can't really say based on experience, except for driving my dads van and from what I hear, I will never buy a dodge.
So that is my ramble....NEXT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts